April 7th, 2023
Make your home more energy efficient with these special offers!
Before the warmer months hit, you and other Texans across the state can take advantage of offers through your utility company to service your AC for free or replace it with something newer for cash back incentives. Making your home energy efficient is a win for everyone all around, so don't miss out.
Signing up is easy and only takes a few minutes. Just scroll down and find your utility provider below to see their offers and how to get started.
CenterPoint is offering their customers a free AC tune-up, via CoolSaver, a service valued at $190. CoolSaver is available to residents who are current customers of CenterPoint. To be eligible you must:
- Have not received a CoolSaver AC Tune-Up within the past five years
- Have a central A/C or heat pump that is at least one year old and in good working order at the time of service
- Have individual A/C systems that are no larger than 5 tons for residential customers and 25 tons for commercial customers.
Please note: Apartments, geothermal systems, window units, mini-splits, and chillers are not eligible for this program.
What happens during a CoolSaver tune-up?
A qualified, participating technician will perform the following:
- Measure the indoor airflow and adjust/correct it if necessary
- Inspect the filter and change or clean it if dirty
- Clean the outdoor condenser coil, the indoor coil, and the indoor blower
- Measure the refrigerant charge with digital accuracy
- Provide additional recommendations that may improve the A/C’s efficiency and overall performance
More incentives through CoolSaver
The CoolSaver program is offering incentives to replace standard or programmable thermostats with ENERGY STAR® Smart Thermostats. Eligible devices are Wi-Fi enabled and can automatically adjust cooling and heating for optimal performance: these are available at a discounted price on CoolSaver’s online marketplace. The offer is valid for up to two devices per residence. Our system is currently compatible with the ecobee smart thermostat, offered at a discounted price. You can also find discounts on LED lighting and lighting multipacks!
Customers who live within the AEP territory are eligible for a different flavor of the AC CoolSaver program. Rather than a free tune-up, AEP is offering cash back incentives for anyone who gets a tune-up on their AC system or replaces it.
For AC tune-ups, you'll need to meet the following criteria:
- AC weighing between 1.5-5 tons
- AC at least one year old and operating at the time of service
- No CoolSaver tune-up in the past five years
For AC replacements:
- AC weighing between 1.5-5 tons
- Single family homes only
What are the cash back incentives?
AEP customers who take advantage of the CoolSavers program will be eligible for the following incentives:
- $75- $150 for an AC tune-up
- $120-$1,225 for an AC replacement
How to sign up for a CoolSaver Tune-Up
👉 For CenterPoint Customers: You can sign up by calling 866-688-2323 or online through CenterPoint's portal.
👉 For AEP Customers: You can sign up by calling 512-327-9200 or online through AEP's portal.
ONCOR’s Home Energy Efficiency Program offers residents in its service territory cash back opportunities when you update your old AC system with a high-efficiency unit with a 16 SEER rating or higher through one of its participating service providers. Incentives range from $300 to $2,800 and will vary depending on equipment replacement, installation, and geographic location.
Check out Oncor’s list of service providers. Follow the following steps to see the available service providers in your area:
- Click on “RESIDENTIAL”
- Click “GET STARTED” under the “HEATING/COOLING” section
- Fill in your zip code and select “Central Air Conditioner”
- Schedule your replacement appointment with one of the listed providers
This program is available to homeowners and renters (who have permission from the owner). Incentives may cover all or some of the project costs completed in the Home Energy Efficiency Program.
TNMP's Low Income Weatherization Program offers incentives and deep discounts for installing energy-efficient upgrades in single-family homes for low-income customers.
Eligible projects include:
- Attic and wall insulation
- Replacement air conditioners with a 15.2 SEER2 and 9.8 EER2 or higher
- Replacement heat pumps with a 15.2 SEER2 and 7.5 HSPF2 or higher
- Attic encapsulation
- Air infiltration control measures
- Duct sealing (alternate method accepted)
- Water heating measures (electric water heaters only)
- Solar screens
To check your eligibility, please contact one of the agencies below:
- Ark-Tex Council of Governments: (855) 738-4710
- Rolling Plains: Website
- Texoma Council of Governments: (903) 893-2161 ext. 3530
- Community Council of South Central Texas : (830) 261-5514 | Website
💁 If you need help enrolling in one of these programs or have questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Just for you